Teatercentrum ("Theatre Centre") is a competence center for distribution and dissemination of theatre for young audiences.
Teatercentrum is a self-governing institution under the Danish Ministry of Culture and has a board consisting of three members appointed by the Ministry of Culture.
Teatercentrum disseminates knowledge about theatre for young audiences and itinerant theatre through:
Teatercentrum provides information about:
- The annual Children's Theatre Festival in Denmark - a festival that has existed since 1971 and is the biggest of its kind in the world.
- Teateravisen.dk - a web-portal dedicated to theatre for young audiences.
- Den Røde Brochure ("The Red Brochure") - a comprehensive catalogue with detailed information about theatres in Denmark that perform for young audiences. This catalogue is published once a year.
Teatercentrum also has an advisory role in the sense that we
- theatres that perform for young audiences
- touring theatres
- how to get performances financed (the 50% reimbursement system)
- how to cope with the practical problems related to arranging theatre performances
- can assist buyers that need advice on choosing a performance that suits their special needs
- advice the Danish Ministry of Culture, county and district authorities and individuals in matters concerning theatre for young audiences
In addition, Teatercentrum has many years of experience in organising conferences and talks on themes related to theatre for young audiences.
Teatercentrum also houses the Danish branch of ASSITEJ, the World Theatre Network of Theatre for Children and Young People.